|This page is under construction|
The information provided below may not be complete or fully tested. Take care when following draft instructions.
On this page:
One of the easiest ways to avoid exposing information you don't need anymore is to destroy it.
For moderate and high risk information, observe applicable data retention policies upon project completion. Securely delete the information by means that make it impossible to reconstruct the records. Also destroy devices that contained high risk data in ways that make it impossible to recover.
If you must retain a copy of moderate or high information, ensure that it remains secure.
- For more information on how to classify and secure your data, see Information Protection @ MIT.
- Removing Sensitive Data
- IS&T's Media Sanitizing
- Secure Delete for PC
- How do I remove downloaded files securely?
- How do I shred sensitive data files?
- VPF Property Office - includes disposing of MIT property securely
- Contact the IS&T Computing Help Desk