On this page:
Explain Everything is a feature-rich digital whiteboard app for tablets and web browsers that is licensed for use by MIT students, faculty, and staff. This app for tablets and web browsers goes beyond a traditional whiteboard to a fully interactive multimedia experience that allows the MIT Community to:
- Draw, write, add images and video, annotate and animate content
- Share your whiteboard presentation either on-site or at a distance
- Collaborate in real-time
- Record and narrate as you work to create video for sharing
- More Information:
Sign up with your @mit.edu email to obtain your MIT license.
If you already have an account using your @mit.edu email address, the vendor will be contacting you to transition you to the Institute’s license.
|This is not a Touchstone sign-on enabled application. You will need to create a [unique, strong password] for this account. Do NOT use your MIT Kerberos password for your Explain Everything Account.|
The app is included on iPads delivered through IS&T's iPad loan program for students.
- Working with Projects
- Start a New Project
- Manage Your Projects
- Working With Slides
- Add Media to Projects
- Draw, Annotate and Highlight
- Working Collaboratively
- Prepare a Collaborative Session
- Set the Collaboration Scenario and the Rules
- Broadcast and share your Explain Everything screen in a video conferencing app
- Invite Others to Your Project
- Join a Project
- Explain Everything Basics Webinar
- Explain Everything Essentials Playlist
- How to Create a Presentation using PDF
- Better Online Meetings
- What's my storage limit/quota on Explain Everything?
- How many people can participate in a collaborative session?
Up to 20, but 8 or fewer is recommended. This helps the session be more stable. The quality of live collaboration also depends on the quality of the internet connection.
- Student iPad Loaner Program Landing Page
- Explain Everything's Youtube Channel - training videos, webinar recordings and more.