On this page:
There is no desktop version of BrioQuery for Macintosh OS X users. Macintosh OS X users have two options for using BrioQuery:
- In a virtual machine on their computers: Users will need to install VMWare Fusion and then install Windows, the Oracle 9i Client, and BrioQuery, also all available on the IS&T software download page. Then follow the instructions for Windows PCs below to download and run canned warehouse reports.
- Via Citrix:
[Instructions for using BrioQuery 6.x via Citrix]
- From the list of reports on the web page, find the one you want to download and right-click on the PC link underneath the report name.
- Choose to Save Target As....
Result: The Save As screen appears.
- In the Save In box at the top, navigate to the folder in which you want to save the file, or save it to your Desktop. Make sure the "save as type" is either "BrioQuery Document" or "All Files".
- Click the Save button.
Result: The report name icon appears on your desktop, or in the folder to which you downloaded it.
- Go directly to the desktop and double click on the report you want.
Result: BrioQuery will automatically open the report. The report opens on the Query section.
- To run the report, press the Process button at the top of your screen.
Result: You will be prompted to log on to the warehouse. If needed, select the OCE (open catalog extension) as warehse.oce. You will need to enter your username and Warehouse password.
- Depending on the report, you may be prompted to enter a limit. In the window that appears a short text message is displayed to assist you with your limit selection.
- Once results are retrieved you will be automatically viewing the Results section. You will see many rows of information. This is your raw (unformatted) data. The pre-formatted reports are in other sections as explained next.
- Proceed to the other sections to view the pre-formatted results. They are listed in the Sections area on the left side of the window. The report sections will be named with a meaningful description for that report. You now can print the report, or export it to Microsoft Excel.