If you do not have sufficient authorization to run a Cognos report, you will receive an error:
Click on the Details link, to see the full text of the error. If this is an authorizations error, the error message will include:
The error message may be buried inside some additional text, such as
Multiple failed attempts to enter your password will result in a locked Data Warehouse account.
Data Warehouse users are required to change their Data Warehouse password once per year. Failure to do so will result in revoked access.
You may also see the following errors for an expired password:
"An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlupdateAttach' statsus='-129'
- For authorization issues, contact the Central Authorizer team, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the error message does not include table or view does not exist, contact the Business Intelligence & Reporting team, at email@example.com.
- Repeated failed attempts to enter your correct Cognos password will result in a lock being placed upon your account. To have your Data Warehouse password reset and the account unlocked, please contact the Data Warehouse team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Warehouse users are required to change their Data Warehouse password once per year, which can be completed using an MIT certificate see: Change Your Data Warehouse Password. If you do not have a certificate installed you can obtain one.
- For any other issues, or if you are unsure which group to contact, contact the Business Intelligence & Reporting team, at email@example.com.