To access Tableau Server, go to the Tableu homepage and authenticate via Touchstone.
You will need to use the Tableau Desktop application.
- From the menu bar in Tableau Desktop,
- Select Server > Publish Workbook
- Enter tableau.mit.edu and select Connect.
- Login with Touchstone, using the Kerberos option.
- You will see the following screen:
- Choose the project/folder where you want to save your workbook, view permissions, and what sheets or dashboards you'd like to publish, and then click Publish.
- You can move the project and update the permissions later from the Tableau web interface as well.
If you get an error, click Show Details.
Copy the error message and send it to the IS&T Help Desk.
Tableau will let you preview your workbook. You can close the Publish Workbook Results window, or continue to preview your results.
If your Tableau workbook connects to a data source (e.g., the Data Warehouse), enter your credentials for that data source when prompted.
You can then interact with your workbook tabs and/or dashboards.
For more information, see Publishing Workbooks in the Tableau Desktop help guide.