On this page:
Enter your time sheet information for the current pay period following steps below. Please note that the system is generally not available for time sheet entry during mid-week due to payroll processing.
|1||Position||Start with the first day of your work week and select a Position that you worked from the drop-down menu.|
|2||Hours||Enter the number of Hours associated with this Position using the drop-down menu. If you have a partial hour to report, choose the appropriate quarter hour increment from the second drop-down menu.|
|3||(Repeat)||Repeat steps 1-2 for each day you worked for the pay period.|
|4||Save||Click Save when you finish entering your time sheet information for the pay period. Your time sheet is saved and automatically submitted to your Approver for review and approval.|
Important: Enter your Positions and Hours in the same order they occurred for each day.
Enter any pertinent comments for your Approver regarding your time sheet in the Comment section. For example, I worked on Professor Doyle's project on Wednesday."
You can edit your time sheet after saving it, up until it is approved by your Approver.
Once your time sheet is approved, you can view a display-only copy of it, but you cannot make further edits. Further edits can only be made by your Approver with the consent of your supervisor.
Student employees can report hours up to six (6) months in the past by using the drop-down menu for Select a different week and clicking Go.
Note: The default is to display the current pay period.
Follow these instructions to report hours for a previous pay period:
- Select the appropriate pay period from the Select a different week drop-down menu and click Go.
- Check that the dates at the top of the screen now match the week you selected
- Follow steps 1-4 in the previous section, To Enter Time Sheet Information for the Current Pay Period.
Note: Be sure to click Go after selecting a different week or you will not enter time in the intended pay period.
If the period you wish to report or change is more than 6 months in the past, the request needs to be submitted to email@example.com by a Time Approver or Time Administrator for processing by the HR-Payroll Service Center.
Be sure to include the following information in your request.
MIT ID of student
Name of student
HR Org Unit submitting the request
Date to which hours apply
Total # of hours that should have been reported originally for each date
Brief explanation why the correct hours were not reported timely
ID# 999999999, John Doe, Chemistry
08/11/2014 Undergrad Lab Technician 6 hours
- If your time sheet has already been approved for a particular week for one or more positions, the Add line button will no longer be displayed and you will not be able to add or edit time for any positions.
- At this point, your time sheet approver or administrator can update and resubmit time on your behalf.
- Send an email to your time sheet approver, detailing the date and the number of hours worked. The time sheet approver will approve and submit the time.