By submitting a reversed JV, you are effectively clearing out the original JV. When you reverse a JV, some of the information is copied from the original journal voucher but the debits and credits are reversed. The reversed journal voucher is intended to cancel out the charges in the original journal voucher.
You have the option to keep or change all of the existing field values except JV Type (Header Text) and Company Code. You can also add or delete line items. After you submit, the new journal voucher is assigned a document number.
- The Reverse JV application is now embedded in the Journal Voucher application.
- You will find the reverse icon available when you can reverse a JV; when you display an approved JV, the reverse icon is at the top right of the screen.
- Reversing a journal voucher opens a new JV that is General/Other and has the same Company Code as the original JV. The Original Transaction Date, and Line Item text are copied over and available for edits. The Posting Date defaults to today and the amounts in the debit and credit columns are in the opposite columns when compared to the original JV.
- The details and additional required fields from the original JV display for reference. They are not stored in the new document.
- Reversal details you enter will display as details for the new JV.
- Selecting the reverse icon will open the Create JV (Step 2 of 3) screen with a new journal voucher draft available for edits.
Note: When reversing an FY document from a previous fiscal year and period, reset the new document to the current fiscal year and period, and change the document type to SA.
- For more information on creating a JV, see Create a Journal Voucher