There are many differences. The easiest way to tell is by the name of the app you're using, but there are also differences in settings/look feel.
- The app it uses is called Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client
- You connect to vpn.mit.edu/duo.
- The login screen once you start your Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client
app looks like:
- The app it uses is called GlobalProtect.
- You connect to mit.gpcloudservice.com
- You have a globe icon in your menu/task bar that lets you connect/disconnect.
- On the desktop, you connect by clicking on the globe icon and pressing Connect.
- On mobile devices, you connect and disconnect by tapping the shield in the GlobalProtect app.