On this page:
|Users experiencing bounces due to an invalid x.500 address when trying to send messages to a mailmain list may be experiencing a caching issue that was caused by an error in the roll-out of the new 0365 Spam Filtering service. Purging your address auto-complete list cache will remove the erroneous aliases that are causing messages to bounce.|
The initial deployment of Mailman list aliases, necessary to make sending messages to Mailman lists work with exchange, deleted and recreated lists in exchange instead of modifying them. Unfortunately exchange maintained a history of this and appended characters to the new X.500 address to make them unique - which also makes them bounce.
We identified and resolved this issue on the server side. Some clients who sent to the lists before the issue was corrected may have downloaded the incorrect data to their offline address book and stored it in their autocomplete cache.
To purge your auto-complete list to get rid of wrong addresses, typos and other caching issues:
- Open Outlook
- Select File > Options > Mail>
- Scroll down to "Send Messages" and click Empty Auto-Complete List
- Open Outlook
- Click the New Email button.
- In the new e-mail window, start typing the address you want to remove in the To field. Click the X button next to the address to remove it from your auto-complete list.
- Open the Apple Mail
- In the menu bar select Window > Previous Recipients.
- Highlight and delete any or all names that you wish to remove.