Q: Why am I seeing wiki markup instead of Rich Text in MIT Wikis?
- Why is my page showing Wiki Markup instead of WYSIWIG editor?
- Where is the WYSIWIG editor in Wikis?
- Pages with complex wiki markup
After the upgrade to Confluence 4, Atlassian transitioned from storing pages in Wiki Markup to storing them in XML. Pages that have complex wiki markup may not have been migrated to rich text and will show the wiki markup inside a Macro box.
To convert the wiki markup into Rich Text
- Copy the wiki markup off of the page and delete it.
- Under the "Insert" menu, select "Wiki Markup" as the Macro to insert.
Result: An empty text box should pop up.
- Paste the wiki markup into the box and click insert.
Result: The wiki markup will be converted and displayed as rich text.