** If you are trying to find your IP address on a machine running Windows 7 or 10, please see KB article Windows - How to Find Your IP Address Click on the *Apple icon in the top left-hand corner of the the screen in the Menu Bar.
- Select System Preferences.
- In System Preferences, click on the Network icon.
- In the Network preference pane select from the list of the left:
Ethernet for wired Wi-Fi for wireless
- Your IP address will be listed:
- under Status for Wi-Fi
- next to IP Address for Ethernet.
**NOTE: Older Versions of the macOS will have the "Airport" instead of "Wi-Fi"