When trying to Connect to the Data Warehouse in Tableau on a Mac, I get an error "ORA-21561 - OID generation failed"
This error results when the local machine name and the name associated with the 127.0.0.1 IP address are not the same.
To resolve the error:
- Go to Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities).
- Copy the name listed.
- When prompted, enter the password you use to log into your computer.
- In the line with 127.0.0.1, add the computer name to the end. That line should look like this:
- Press Ctrl-O, then Ctrl-X, and then Enter.
- Open Tableau and try connecting to the Data Warehouse again.
More information about this error can be found on the Tableau KB.