Q: When I open a workbook on Tableau Server, I get an "Authenticating to Oracle" prompt. What do I do?
- When opening a Tableau workbook on Tableau Server that connects to a database (e.g., the MIT Data Warehouse), you will be prompted to authenticate to the database.
- Depending on the database, the "Authenticate with" button may say "Oracle" or some other data source type (e.g., Microsoft SQL Server or FileMaker).
- Click Authenticate with ....
A window will pop-up prompting you to sign in. At the top of the The Username will be filled in with the person who published the workbook.
- Replace the existing username with the one you use for the Server listed.
- For example, for the MIT Data Warehouse, enter your Kerberos username.
- If you do not know your username for the data source, contact the publisher of workbook.
- Enter your password for the Server listed, and click Sign In.