- The Atlas gateway is Touchstone enabled.
- Touchstone allows you to choose how you authenticate. What is Touchstone?
- Some the SAP applications accessed via Atlas are not Touchstone enabled and require an MIT certificate and the MIT Certificate Authority. We are working to achieve Touchstone authentication for all Atlas applications. Learn more
Note: For applications that require an MIT certificate, you will need to install certificates separately for each web browser on each computer you use to access Atlas.
Your Athena User Account (sometimes called a Kerberos/MIT/email account) is your online identity at MIT. Learn more.
- Roles Database is the system of record for Financial and Human Resources authorizations at MIT.
- SAP receives a nightly feed from Roles. Once a Roles authorization is added for you, it will be available in Atlas on the following day.
- Each department, lab or center will have a Financial Primary Authorizer and HR Primary Authorizer responsible for granting authorizations within the DLC. If you need assistance in identifying the primary authorizer for your area, contact the IS&T Help Desk.
- For financial authorizations, specify the cost object you will be using.
- For HR authorizations, specify your department, lab or center.