- Log in to Gmail.
- Click Mail Settings from Gear Icon (Options Menu) and select the Accounts and Import tab.
- Under Send mail as, click Add another email address you own.
- Enter your name and @mit.edu email address in the Add another email address you own window. Make sure that Treat as an alias is unchecked.
- Select Next Step.
- Enter the following information:
Field Value SMTP Server outgoing.mit.edu Port 587 Username Kerberos username (without @mit.edu) Password Kerberos Password SSL checked
- Click Add Account.
- Once you receive a confirmation email message from Gmail at your @mit.edu email address, either click the link in the message or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your Gmail settings.
- OPTIONAL: Click on the Make Default link next to your @mit.edu address under Settings > Accounts and Import if desired.
7/31/17 Instructions above failed with error Couldn't reach server. Worked fine when value left set to 465 which is the default value that auto-fills.
For @alum.mit.edu email accounts, please visit https://alum.mit.edu/help/EmailForwardingFAQ#a11 for instructions.