|IS&T does not support Gmail in any capacity. The IS&T Service Desk will be unable to answer questions about this function should you have any.|
- Log in to Gmail.
- Click Mail Settings from Gear Icon (Options Menu) and select the Accounts and Import tab.
- Under Send mail as, click Add another email address.
- Enter your name and @mit.edu email address in the Add another email address you own window. Make sure that Treat as an alias is unchecked.
- Select Next Step.
- Enter the following information:
Field Value SMTP Server outgoing.mit.edu Port 465 (SSL) or 587 (TLS)
Username Kerberos username (without @mit.edu) Password Kerberos Password
- Click Add Account.
- Once you receive a confirmation email message from Gmail at your @mit.edu email address, either click the link in the message or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your Gmail settings.
- OPTIONAL: Click on the Make Default link next to your @mit.edu address under Settings > Accounts and Import if desired.
For @alum.mit.edu email accounts, please visit https://alum.mit.edu/help/EmailForwardingFAQ#a11 for instructions.