- I have an Android phone, can I sync it with my Exchange account?
- The Android phone may call this Exchange ActiveSync.
- My mailbox is on MIT's Exchange server.
- I have an Android phone, such as:
- Google Nexus One
- Motorola Droid
- HTC Droid Incredible
For more specific details, please check the following official documentation: General Settings for MIT Exchange (for Android)
The basic settings are:
- Choose Manual setup.
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Server address: oa.exchange.mit.edu
- Domain: exchange.mit.edu
- Username: username
- Password: (your password)
- [x] This server requires an encrypted SSL connection
Some advanced settings to think about:
- To save battery, consider going into your account settings and adjust the download frequency in "Send and Receive". If you download less often, you save battery.
How to Configure Mobile Devices to Synchronize with Exchange Server
"the server address ... is the same as your Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access server address."
How to Perform a Remote Wipe on a Device
"...use Outlook Web Access to perform a remote device wipe"
Another option - a third-party Exchange client, Nitrodesk TouchDown
(Downloadable from the Android Market, but there are different versions available so read the web page first.)