On this page:
- Basic Info
- What's the gist of MIT's Adobe Creative Cloud license?
- I just purchased a Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, what do I do... can I get a refund?
- My personal Adobe ID is associated with my mit.edu email, what should I do?
- How do I attach MIT's Adobe license to my Adobe ID?
- Why is my Creative Cloud still saying it's a trial?
- What if I had previously used the license script?
- How do I end my 30 day Adobe Creative Cloud Trial license and attach MIT's license?
- How do I install Adobe Creative Cloud with my Adobe ID?
- I am having trouble installing Adobe Creative Cloud applications, what should I do?
- Are you having signing out/in errors?
- Creative Cloud apps panel doesn't show installed Creative Cloud apps
- How do I install older Adobe Creative Cloud applications?
- Using & Help
Information on this page refers to the license agreement for Faculty and Staff. Adobe; like other limited license software we get to offer, is NOT a Full Enterprise license. It also does not replace a Departments responsibility to; budget for and, provide its employee's with the tools they need to perform their job. Limited licenses; like this, are funded by the Institute, and distributed on a first come first serve basis, with the intention of giving a department a try before you buy path. When licenses get returned to the pool, we distribute to the next person on a wait list. We turn on and off our request form based on the number of people; and length of time, that they are on the list. You can check the product page to see if we are accepting new requests for the wait list. Licenses are granted to individual's and NON-TRANSFERABLE. Licenses need to return to the pool to give the next person on the wait list access.
Many common questions are answered on IS&T's Adobe Creative Cloud page.
We have NO Student or Affiliate licenses available through the terms of our contract agreement with Adobe. We are ONLY able to grant access to Faculty and Staff ("eduPersonAffiliation: staff").
- ONLY if you have been granted access to MIT Limited license
- Cancel your existing Adobe Creative Cloud subscription
- Contact your vendor, or VPF Procurement about getting a refund
- Do you want a separate personal account?
- You can also attach MIT's license to your current Adobe ID (MUST be your mit.edu email)
- If not, search for an email from email@example.com.
- If you still can't find it, please submit another request.
- If you find it, follow the instructions here Attaching MIT's Adobe License to my Adobe ID.
The script is no longer being used. Request a license from the IS&T's Adobe Creative Cloud page.
Your trial license will end once your Adobe ID is attached to MIT's Adobe license, which you can request on the IS&T's Adobe Creative Cloud page.
All you need to do is Attach MIT's Adobe License to Your Adobe ID.
Adobe recommends that users follow Adobe’s Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool instructions.
If you have installed Adobe Creative Cloud on too many machine and need to deactivate and installation use the instructions on the Adobe Help page for Activation and deactivation troubleshooting.
- Learn how to resolve errors when you are unexpectedly signed out of Creative Cloud, or required to sign in multiple times
In the Apps tab of the Creative Cloud desktop app, applications are not listed as installed. Or, they are listed as installed, but are not located in the Start Menu or Application folder. Find out how to resolve on Adobe's Help site. If that method fails, this Adobe Forum page suggests a language change to English (International) that worked for some.
Go to this page for instructions.
- The Creative Cloud desktop app does not open or shows a spinning progress wheel
- Apps panel doesn't show installed Creative Cloud apps
- Applications missing from Creative Cloud Desktop application
- Troubleshooting the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App
- Troubleshoot Creative Cloud download and install issues
- Creative Cloud not showing apps
- Stop Creative Cloud from reverting to trial mode
- Installing current and previous versions of Creative Cloud software
- Forgot or want to reset your Password?