|The information below is intended for the Zoom Phone Service. If you're not sure what phone system you're using, see How do I tell if my number is on Zoom Phone Service or Broadsoft for phone service? If you are not using the Zoom Phone Service, see the Telephony Landing Page.|
On this page:
- Only the owner or administrator can assign a Kerberos ID
- Each Kerberos ID can only be assigned to one Softphone Account (Line)
- Each Softphone Account (Line) can only have one Kerberos ID assigned to it
- Login to https://voip.mit.edu
- Click on the phone number on the card of the account you want to assign to a Kerberos ID.
- Scroll down to the Softphone section.
- Turn on the softphone and enter the Kerberos ID you want to assign to the account.
- Click Save.
Result: The softphone account is assigned to that Kerberos ID. They will be able to login to the Zoom app and use Zoom Phone services.
If the Kerberos ID is already assigned to another softphone account, you will see the following error. As each Kerberos ID can only be assigned to one softphone account, you must remove the Kerberos ID from the other account before you can assign it to a new one using the instructions above.