On this page:
A theme is a pre-designed layout. Your new Drupal Cloud site comes with the MIT DLC theme enabled. You can modify the theme elements such as site name and colors. You can also adjust the page layout in various ways.
Here is a list of some initial design elements you might want to change. These are explained in other Knowledge Base articles which are accessible from the Drupal Cloud Home page.
Not every feature will work with every theme.
- change your site color scheme
- change your site logo
- hide or show page elements such as your slogan
- change your fonts and font size (MIT Adaptive theme only)
- change the width and location of the sidebar regions (MIT Adaptive theme only)
- add, change, remove a background image or color
In addition to the MIT DLC theme, other themes are available to use. It is probably best to settle on your theme before making additional design changes. You can see how other themes look by initially switching themes. Many sites at MIT have been created with the MIT Adaptive theme.
The Appearance overlay screen is where themes are chosen and modified. There are two tabs on the Appearance screen. The List tab is where you choose a new theme and the Settings tab is where you make changes to the look and feel of the chosen theme.
1. Click Appearance, then the List tab.
2. Click Set default next to the theme you want.
Some themes may need to be enabled before you can use them. Click Enable and set default next to the theme you want.
1. Click Appearance on the menu.
4. Make your theme changes.
The screenshot above shows the Appearance options for the MIT Adaptive theme.