I can log into Citrix and see the list of applications, but nothing happens when I click on the icons.
- Firefox 30 or above
- Windows 7, 8 or 8.1
- Latest version of Citrix Receiver
- The Citrix ICA Client plugin, which is the plugin that allows Firefox to pass the application to Citrix Receiver, is set to prompt for permission to activate. This is a security feature of the new version Firefox (version 30 or above) with all plugins.
In order to run Citrix applications from Firefox, you need to allow permission for the plugin to run. This can be done by clicking on the plugin icon in the address bar and choosing "Allow and Remember" when on the Citrix Apps website.
Alternatively, you can permanently allow the Citrix plugin to run on any site by performing the following steps:
- Select the Menu button (this is in the upper-right and looks like three horizontal lines)
- Select "Add-ons"
Result: A new tab opens with the add-ons list
- Choose "Plugins" from the left-hand sidebar
- Find the "Citrix ICA Client" in the list
- Change the activation status from "Ask to activate" to "Always Activate"
- Log out and log back into Citrix