|As part of the ongoing modernization of MIT's telephone infrastructure, Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) has migrated from multiple legacy systems to a modern, unified, cloud-based service.
On this page:
- For information on setup and features of the New BroadSoft system, see MITvoip BroadSoft Cloud Voicemail Landing Page.
- For information and setup information about softphones, see MITvoip Softphone Landing Page
- For how use the Broadsoft Portal to update your account settings MIT VoIP BroadSoft Cloud Web Portal
- For assistance, please contact the IS&T Service Desk at x3-1101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Item||Legacy System||New System|
|Type||On premise||Cloud based|
|Manage your accounts and devices||https://voip.mit.edu||https://voip.mit.edu|
|Access the web portal||https://sylantro.mit.edu||https://broadsoft.mit.edu|
|Dial in #||x3-0000, 617-253-0000||x8-6245 (xV-MAIL), 617-258-6245|
|After dial in, enter your||PIN||Passcode|
|Voicemail storage limit||Unlimited for phone and email||30 days for phone, unlimited for email|
|Email as it appears in your inbox|
- You will need to create a Passcode (PIN) to use the phone's Voice Portal menu system.
- If your voicemail is stored on the server and accessed through your phone (rather than email) you will also need to set up your voice mailbox by recording your name. Instructions are provided in the KB article MITvoip BroadSoft Cloud Voicemail Landing Page.
- After your transition you can manage your account at voip.mit.edu and your phone and voicemail features at broadsoft.mit.edu.