In addition to IS&T licensed software, MIT provides many IT and cloud computing services for students.
Below are ten of our most popular IT and cloud computing services. You can always find more, including Academic software/courseware, at the Software Grid.
- Code42 (Crashplan) - Get the recommended incremental backup solution for desktops and laptops to ensure your term paper or thesis is never really lost no matter what accidents, attacks or damage happens to your devices.
- Canvas - A modern, easy-to-use, cloud-based Learning Management System (LMS) that brings instructors, students, and course content together in online course sites. Access all of your courses from anywhere, on any device. Integrate course sites with popular services including Zoom, Piazza, Gradescope and more.
- Dropbox - Get cloud-based file storage, syncing and sharing.
- - MIT's administrative services portal. Submit timesheets, set up direct deposit for paychecks and reimbursements, update your preferred name, and more.
- - We are a member of eduroam, a secure, world-wide wireless roaming network service for the educational community with thousands of members in over 70 countries. Look for “eduroam” networks via Wi-Fi at eduroam member institutions for wireless internet access with the same level of security as the MIT Secure network. Use your MIT address email@example.com and password to authenticate.
- - A password management system that removes the inconvenience of remembering all of your passwords and increases security.
- Pharos Printing - MIT's print-and-release system. Print to a queue and release it by swiping your MIT ID when you get to the printer. Your printing quota is $300 per year!
- *Zoom - Collaborate with integrated instant messaging and video. You can locate, communicate, and collaborate with other community members on multiple platforms using your MIT Kerberos identity. Zoom is also fully integrated with the Canvas LMS (Learning Management System).
- - Launch your own website with IS&T's Drupal Cloud service.
- Service Desk - Get help with troubleshooting, authentication (touchstone, Duo) and MIT IT services. Hardware repair service is also offered. Software work and initial consultations are free; out-of-warranty hardware repairs are charged parts and shipping (no labor fees). Contact us via:
- Bonus for Developers: Github Enterprise - A web-based repository hosting service that allows you to upload and share code.