On this page:
- Go to the TSM 6 for Mac download page on the IS&T Software Grid. (Certificates required.)
Result: The file containing the TSM 6 installer downloads as "188.8.131.52-TIV-TSMBAC-Mac.dmg".
- Open the disk image file and double-click on the Tivoli Storage Manager.mpkg package to start the installation.
- The TSM installer package will be blocked by Gatekeeper, to open the installer Control-click or right click the icon and click Open.
- Gatekeeper will confirm that you intend to install the application, click Open.
Result: The Welcome to the Tivoli Storage Manager Installer screen appears.
- Click Continue.
Result: The Readme file appears.
- Read, print, or save the Readme file, then click Continue.
Result: The Standard Install on Macintosh HD screen appears.
- Click Install.
Result: You are prompted to enter your Macintosh user name and password.
- Enter your Mac Administrator username and password and click OK or Install Software.
Result: TSM will now install.
Result: A confirmation screen tells you that the software was successfully installed.
- Click Close to exit the TSM installer.
- Go to the TSM Download Option File page, select your TSM nodename OS and click Download File.
Result: The file containing the TSM 6 options files downloads as tsmopts.zip.
- If the .zip file does not unzip itself, double-click the .zip file to extract the contents. Double-click on the new tsmopts folder.
- Select the two files inside this folder named dsm.opt and dsm.sys.
- Move these two files to the /Library/Preferences/Tivoli Storage Manager directory on your Mac (as seen in the video linked below).
Result: You have completed the installation and configuration of TSM on your Mac.
Configuration video (QuickTime is required.)
Note: Be sure you are putting the files in the Root Library. Start from the Computer (under the Go menu) then go to Macintosh HD then to Library.
- For additional information about TSM, consult the MIT TSM readme file in the Tivoli Storage Manager folder.
- If you have questions, contact the IS&T Help Desk.
- Learn how to login for the first time and how to set up scheduled backups: