On this page:
During installation, you may need to enter your TSM node name and server name. If you are currently running an older version of TSM, look under Edit > Preferences > General for your node name and under Preferences > Communication for your TSM server name.
- Log on using a Mac OS X Administrator account.
- Close all previous versions of TSM Backup and Scheduler applications.
- On the MIT Software page, under Macintosh and Backup, select TSM 6. (Certificates required.)
Result: The file containing the TSM 6 installer downloads as mit-tsm-22.214.171.124 dmg.
- Open the disk image file and launch the Tivoli Storage Manager.mpkg package.
Note: Click Continue if asked if you are sure you want to continue.
Result: The Welcome to the Tivoli Storage Manager Installer screen appears.
- Click Continue.
Result: The Readme file appears. This file will be installed in your Applications > Tivoli Storage Manager folder.
- Read, print, or save the Readme file, then click Continue
Result: The Standard Install on "Macintosh HD" screen appears.
- Click Install.
Result: The following screen appears.
- Enter your Macintosh Administrator user name and password and click OK
Result: The Configure TSM Settings screen appears.
- Confirm that your TSM node and server are correct and click Continue.
Result: The Easy Install on "your Hard Drive" screen appears.
- Click Upgrade to perform the installation.
Result: The Authenticate screen for the installer appears.
- Enter your OS X password and click OK
Result: A list of the files to be installed and the installation location appear. The default location is your Applications folder.
Note: The TSM folder in the Applications folder is now called Tivoli Storage Manager and the Application itself is called TSM Tools for Administrators.
- Click Continue.
Result: A screen appears confirming that TSM was successfully installed.
- Click Close.
For additional information about TSM, check the MIT TSM readme file in the Tivoli Storage Manager Application folder.
If you have questions, contact the Service Desk