Note: Be sure to run backups from an account with administrator privileges. If you do not, you might not be able to access some of the files you need to back up.
- Start TSM by going to Start > All Programs > Tivoli Storage Manager > Backup Archive GUI.
- If the login window appears, enter your password and select Login.
- On the main TSM window, select Backup.
Result: The Backup window appears.
- If you want to back up specific drives, folders, or files, use the checkboxes.
- If you want to back up your entire hard drive, click the Local checkbox.
If you want to back up only a few folders or files, uncheck any higher level checkmarks, click the plus sign (+) to drill down in the folder hierarchy, and select individual directories, folders or files. If you highlight a folder, its file contents appear in the right section of the Backup window.
Note: Just highlighting a file or folder will not result in its being backed up. Make sure you check the box.
- Start the backup by clicking the Backup button.
Result: The Task List window opens.
Task List Buttons:
- Stop: Stop a backup. A slight delay occurs before the backup stops. Note that your backup will be incomplete.
- Report: Open the Detailed Status Report window – view elapsed time, data transfer rates, number of files inspected and backed up.
- Collapse: Toggle to hide or reveal the names of files being backed up and the progress bar for individual file backup. The expanded area is blank if no files are being backed up.
- When the backup completes and a confirmation message appears, select OK and close the reports window.
- Backups can impact system response for other running applications.
- Files open at the time of a backup will not be backed up.
- Outlook files will not be backed up if Outlook is open. Outlook must be closed.
- If this is your first backup with TSM, the operation could take several hours depending on how much data you are backing up.