On this page:
There are two course site systems, Stellar and Learning Modules (LMOD). It is possible to use some Learning Modules features with Stellar as well. The major difference from the Student perspective is the interface. You can tell which system your course is using by looking at the URL. All options allow you to access course information and depending on how your course is set up you may be able to select recitation sections, submit assignments, receive feedback, join discussions and see a course syllabus/calendar.
- Stellar User guide
- Stellar FAQ
- Learning Modules User Guide
- Logging in to Stellar with Touchstone
- Stellar and LMOD Landing Page
- [Stellar Access for Cross-Registered students]
- Why is the email shown in Stellar not my Kerberos username?
- Error Message Only students and staff have access to the membership page. You may need to login.
- [I have an MIT ID, but I have never used my MIT Kerberos account username. How can I log into a Stellar website?]
- I spent a long time typing up a document into a text box on Stellar and then received a 'permission denied' error when I clicked submit. Why?
- [I uploaded a file to my class website but when students click on the file name, the content comes up as garbage in the browser. How do I fix this?]
- Materials - Can I access restricted files on a Stellar site after the semester has ended?
- What impacts how my name shows up in Stellar?
- What is the file size limit in Stellar?
|Help Needed||Where to go|
|Course Registration Status||Check yours at: WebSIS For issues: Registrar's office|
|Login to Stellar/LMOD, Duo Authentication (lost/stolen device, other issues), Touchstone Collaboration Account issues, Outages (server down), Obtaining Kerberos Accounts||IS&T Service Desk|
|Course Access||If it's been more than 24-48 hours since your registration showed up in WebSIS, but you still don't have permissions to access your course, contact your Instructor/TA.|
|Change your Recitation||Depending on the site permissions you may be able to do it yourself in Stellar/LMOD, if not contact your Instructor/TA.|
|Permissions, materials access, deadlines, submission dates||Instructors/TAs control these settings; contact them directly.|
|Cross-registered student access||Should register for MIT Kerberos accounts and be granted access automatically.|
|Preferred Name||Set your administrative name at http://student.mit.edu|