|Starting July of 2021, IS&T has migrated to a new version of Sophos called Sophos Central. MIT users have until the summer of 2022 before the old version will stop receiving updates. This page references the new version of Sophos. You can see documentation for legacy Sophos here and download the newest version of Sophos here.|
Before beginning, confirm that your version of macOS is supported by Sophos here: https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000034670?language=en_US
- Download the Sophos Central setup exe file from the MIT Software Grid.
- Once downloaded, double-click the pkg file to start the installation.
- Click Continue and Install at the prompts to begin installation
- Enter an admin password when prompted.
- You will need to wait several minutes for the installer to grab the setup files from the cloud and then install them.
- Typically, within 5-10 minutes, you will see a Sophos Central icon appear in the menu bar at the top right of your screen.
- When prompted, open System Preferences -> Security and Privacy
- Follow the steps at Sophos Central - Manually Approve the Sophos System Extensions - macOS to approve the Sophos Central system extensions.
- You may be prompted to restart your computer to complete the installation. Please do so now.
- Congrats. Sophos Central is now installed.
- You can click on the Sophos icon in the menu bar to access the user interface and confirm that your computer is protected.