When attempted to connect to a public Wi-Fi captive portal while running Sophos Central on a Mac running macOS 12 Monterey, the site may fail to load with the message "This site can't be reached".
- Upgrade the Mac to macOS 13 Ventura
- If you are an admin on the Mac, enter captive portal mode following the steps below. When selected, it will prompt the user for a local administrator user/password, and turn off the Sophos network interceptions for a short duration, to allow for the captive portal to be accessed. Here is how to access it:
- Open the local Sophos interface.
- Click About in the lower right corner.
- Click Run Diagnostic Tool.
- Click Captive Portal Mode on the left side.
- Click Enable at the top.
- Enter your administrator credentials.