|This article refers to Exchange Email and Calendaring. If you're looking for Office 365 Email and Calendaring, see: Office 365 - Email and Calendaring Landing Page.
If you're not sure which system you're using, see: How do I tell if my email and calendaring data is on the Exchange On Prem Server or using Office 365?
|The following applies to iOS 13 and iOS 14.IS&T can not guarantee that any of the instructions below will work on devices running anything lower than iOS 12|
- On the iOS device, go to Settings.
- Go to Accounts & Passwords or Mail. (This varies based on your version of iOS mobile.)
- Choose Add Account.
- On the Add Account screen, select* Exchange*.
- On the Exchange screen, enter in the following information:
- Email: (your MIT username)@mit.edu
- Description: MIT Exchange (or similar)
- Select Next in the top right of the screen, then choose Sign In on the pop-up menu.
- Password: Your Kerberos Password
If the next screen displays prompts for "Server" and "Domain", the information entered was incorrect. If you've verified the password you entered is correct, try changing the email to (your MIT username)@mit.edu
Press Next when finished.
Note: If a "Cannot Verify Server Identity" message appears, tap Continue.
Note: If an "Unable to Verify Certificate" message appears, tap Accept. This is a standard certificate verification response.
- The following screen should appear with Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Notes set to ON. Choose which service you would like to activate on this device, then select Save to continue.
Result: Your MIT Exchange mail is now configured and your account information should now download to your device.
Important: You may be asked if you would like to Keep or Delete the local contacts, calendar, and notes on your device. This will be the case if you've synced contacts, calendar, and notes from your computer via iTunes (or another service like Gmail or iCloud).
Choose Keep to keep the contacts, calendars, and notes on your device.
Choosing Delete will delete any current contacts, calendar and notes on your phone and replace with your MIT Exchange contacts, calendar and notes.
- If you want to edit your Signature for outgoing email on your mobile device, from the Home screen select Settings > Mail and then scroll to Signature.
- Tap the bottom white section to edit your signature. Selecting All Accounts means the signature will be used for all the accounts on your mobile device. Per Account will allow you to specify a signature for each account.