|IS&T does not currently support this function. The IS&T Service Desk will be unable to answer questions about this function should you have any.|
- Login to your personal gmail account.
Result: You will be brought to your inbox.
- From your gmail inbox, navigate to the upper right corner of the screen, and click on the gear symbol.
Result: A "Quick Settings" dropdown menu will appear.
- Click on See all Settings.
Result: A Settings menu will appear.
- Click on the Accounts tab.
Result: The Accounts tab will open.
- Under Send mail as:, select "Add another email address".
Result: A window will appear in which you can add an additional email address.
- Enter the following values, and then select Next Step.
- Name: The name of the account
- Email address: Your MIT email address
Result: A new page will appear in which you can configure the account.
- Enter the following values, and then select Add Account.
- SMTP Server: email@example.com
- Port: 465 (SSL) or 587 (TLS)
- Username: Kerberos username (without the @mit.edu)
- Password: Kerberos password
Result: A new page will appear in which you can confirm your verification and add your email, and an email will be sent to your MIT email address.
- Open the email you receive, and enter the verification code into the box on the previous window. Then select Verify.
Result: Your MIT email will be added to your gmail account.
Please note that the account from which the email is sent will appear in the email header for the recipient.
- This setting can be adjusted by going to Settings, clicking on the Accounts tab, and scrolling down to the section entitled Grant access to your account.
- In this section, you can choose what email address you would like to appear in the email header for the recipients of the email.