On this page:
MIT provides a variety of iOS apps as part of our remote support inititiatives. If you are using a personal iPhone or iPad, you may request access to paid apps to be granted on a temporary basis. This requires associating your personal AppleID to MIT's organizational account.
- To request access to MIT-provided apps, fill out the request form on the IS&T Software Grid at https://ist.mit.edu/notability-app
- Your request will be approved in roughly one business day, at which point you will receive an email invitation. In this email, you'll see a link to casper1.mit.edu. Open this link in Safari on your iOS device. Please note that you must use Safari for this, since other browsers will not properly connect to the App Store.
- When the page loads in Safari, click the "Accept Invitation" link. You will be redirected to the App Store.
- The App Store will present you with terms and conditions to join the MIT organization. When you scroll down to the end of the terms and conditions, click the "Agree" button.
- Click Agree again to confirm.
- Once complete, you will see a confirmation message. Click OK to continue.
- You can now access licenses for paid apps provided by MIT. To install these apps, simply search for them in the App Store as normal. You will see the cloud-download icon next to them indicating that they are already associated with your account. Click the cloud-download icon to begin installing the app.
|If instead of the cloud-download icon you see the full price of the app, it's possible that the license has not yet synced to your account. This can take a couple minutes. You may need to quit and reload the App Store to refresh the display, or log out and back in. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330 for information on how to quit an app on iOS. To log out of the App Store, go to the Settings app, scroll down to 'iTunes & App Store', click on your Apple ID at the top, and select Sign Out.|
- Computing Equipment Loan Program FAQ
- Computing Equipment Loan Programs Landing Page
- Student iPad Loaner Program Landing Page