On this page:
A SharePoint team site connects you and your team to the content, information, and apps you rely on every day. On a team site home page, you can view links to important team files, apps, and web pages and see recent site activity feed.
- Login to Microsoft Office 365 using your Kerberos ID and password. For more information about logging in to OneDrive, visit Logging in to OneDrive.
Result: You will be brought to the Microsoft Office 365 home page.
- Click on the SharePoint icon on the homepage.
Result: You will be brought to the SharePoint page.
- On the top left corner of the screen, click on Create Site.
Result: A Create a site panel will open on the right side of the screen.
- Select Team site from the Create a site panel.
Result: You will be brought to a team site creation page.
- Fill in the information on the team site creation page, including the site name, the group email address, the site address, the site description, privacy settings, and language. Once all of the information is filled in, click Next.
Result: A panel will open in which you can add group members.
- Add additional site owners and members. Then click Finish.
Result: You will be brought to your new team site.
If you want to change your site's permissions after you create it, follow the steps outlined below.
- Navigate to the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen and click on it to access Settings.
Result: A dropdown menu will appear.
- Select Site Permissions from the Settings dropdown menu.
Result: You will be brought to a site permissions panel.
- You will have two options, Change how Members can share and Advanced permissions settings. Click on the option that you want to edit.
Result: You will be brought to the page you select and can make whatever change to permissions that you need to make.
In addition to managing individual users, you can use Moira groups to control permissions.
- For more information visit Email Lists Landing Page.
Note: The moira group you are using must be a group, rather than just a list, in order to use it for permissions.
Team sites are granted 5TB of space and can request more information from the IS&T Service Desk up to 25TB. While we cannot grant additional quota space, if a team needs additional space they can be granted additional Team sites.
- For more information about OneDrive quota checking, visit OneDrive Quota Checking.