Office 365 Post-Migration - Outlook for MacOS
On this page:
Reconnecting Your Mailbox
|Machines running macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or below do not have the ability to get Mail in Apple Mail or Outlook after your account is migrated to O365 - machines must be running macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or higher in order to use Apple Mail or Outlook after your account is migrated to O365)|
Upon launching Outlook for MacOS, you will receive the following prompt. In order to reconnect your mailbox, check the box for "Always use my response for this server" and press Allow.
If your mailbox does not reconnect at this time, we recommend performing the steps in the following procedure.
- Launch Outlook, and navigate to Outlook > Preferences > Accounts
- Select your MIT email account, and verify that both the "E-mail address" and "User name" fields are listed as "your-MIT-kerberos-ID@mit.edu", not just your Kerberos ID/MIT username. Once completed, you can exit the window.
- You may receive a prompt to enter your credentials. Please ensure that the user name is your full email address and your password is correct. Upon completion, select “Remember this password in my keychain” and click “OK” to proceed
- Authenticate with Touchstone.
- You will receive the following prompt. To proceed, enter your computer password and click "Always Allow" to proceed.
If you make changes to resource calendars still present in your Outlook client that were not migrated alongside your mailbox, you will receive the following notification.
In order to remediate this issue, we recommend you:
- Remove the calendar from your Outlook client
- Restart Outlook
- Navigate to your Calendar window > Right-click "My Calendars" > Select "Add Calendar from address book"
- Set the search to "More columns" and the "Address Book" field to Global Address List (GAL)
- Search for the resource's name and press "Go"
- Select the calendar and press "OK"
|Note that your account and the resource both need to be on the same server (whether Exchange 13 or O365); otherwise you will not be able to manage permissions or modify, edit, and delete entries on the resource. You will however, be able to see the times the resource is free and busy.|