|If you have just had your mailbox migrated to Office 365 Email and Calendaring, see the Post-Migration Office 365 Email and Calendaring Setup page for how to get up and running.|
|This article refers to the Office 365 Email and Calendaring. If you're looking for Exchange Email and Calendaring on the Exchange On Prem Server, see: MIT Email Setup Landing.
If you're not sure which system you're using, see: How do I tell if my email and calendaring data is on the Exchange On Prem Server or using Office 365?
On this page:
IS&T is migrating email and calendaring data from the ON PremisisExchange Server to Office 365. Office 365 is an enterprise email, calendaring and notes platform based in the cloud. All your data follows you from device to device without any action required on your part. It's also fully integrated with the rest of the Office 365 applications.
- How do I tell if my email and calendaring data is on the Exchange On Prem Server or using Office 365?
- Microsoft's Office 365
- Office 365 - Email and Calendaring - FAQ
Office 365 provides the same email experience for Outlook users on Windows and Mac computers, while improving the user experience on mobile devices and the Web. It also enables various enhancements, including larger mailboxes. Existing email clients should work with O365. You may need to reconfigure them slightly to list your Account as firstname.lastname@example.org instead of just username as you may currently. See:
All your contacts, rules and filters should transfer automatically. You should notice little to no difference in your day to day use of email and calendaring. You may find the O365 App has more functionality and is easier to use than your current email client on mobile, but you are not required to switch to it. You can continue to use your current email.
If you have delegates or are a delegate, all of those people must migrate at the same time to maintain those relationships. If you are not all on the same system, you will no longer be able to delegate or serve as a delegate to people on the other system.
Review our Migration Checklist to find out what you should do before, during and after you're migrated to O365.
- Office 365 - Email and Calendaring - MIT Settings
- Office 365 - Email and Calendaring - How do I check or update my username?
- Outlook on the web - Login page link (Touchstone required with Duo if required/enabled).
- Office 365 Email and Calendaring - Configure Outlook 2013 and 2016 for Windows
- Office 365 Email and Calendaring - Configure Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Office 365 - Email and Calendaring - Apple Mail and iCal Configuration
- Office 365 - Email and Calendaring - iOS Configuration
- OWA for iPhone and OWA for iPad
- How to Configure the Android Outlook App for Office 365 Email and Calendaring
- OWA for Android
- Outlook for iOS and Android Help Center
- Office 365 - Email and Calendaring - Connecting via Android
- For additional options, see Microsoft's Office 365 mobile setup - Help
- Office 365 Email and Calendaring - Configure via IMAP Settings
- Configuring Outlook on the iPhone for O365 Accounts
- Get started with Office 365 for business
- Microsoft's O365 Training
- Office 365 Email and Calendaring - Outlook on the Web Landing Page
- OWA for iPhone and OWA for iPad
- Office 365 Email and Calendaring - What is my Quota and How do I Check it?
- Office 365 Email and Calendaring - How do I use Automatic Replies?
- Outlook Web App options on a mobile device
- Office 365 - Reserving Resources (Rooms) with Outlook on the Web