On this page:
Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud suite of classic office products and additional cloud and web-based productivity tools.
- Create text documents with full formatting solutions.
- Create mathematical spreadsheets.
- Make sophisticated presentations.
- Seamless email and calendar integrations.
|IS&T is currently transitioning to this new model for licensing O365 and Office Clients. If you need expedited access to any of the products or services not currently available to you, contact the IS&T Service Desk.|
Your status at MIT determines which portions of 0365 you can access. If you need more access, contact the IS&T Service Desk.
How do I tell if I'm an affiliate?
- Office Online: web-based document editing
- Instant messenger (IM), persistent chat, Yammer
- Files and content management: file storage, sharing, information discovery, Groups, Planner
- Microsoft Teams with video chat, classroom experiences, professional learning communities (PLC), and staff teams
- OneNote Class Notebook, Sway
- 5 TB quota for files
MIT Faculty Staff and Students
- All the products and services MIT Affiliates receive
- Office client applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Minecraft for Education with Code Builder
Email and Calendaring Users
- All the products/services their MIT affiliation provides
- Fully integrated O365 email and calendar
- Outlook on the Web
For more on the products included in O365, see Microsoft Education Licensing.
To download Microsoft Office, visit the IS&T Microsoft Office page.
For instructions on activation, visit Office Activation.
A suite of online collaboration tools that brings together instant messaging, threaded conversations, meetings, audio or video calls, desktop and file sharing, and more. It works seamlessly with Office 365 apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint, and OneNote.
- Teams Quick Guide [istdraft:PDF]
- Microsoft's Teams Help
- Teams Training Videos
- You can also access help from within Teams. Click Help on the bottom left, then browse the tabs or search for a topic.
For more see: Microsoft Teams for Education Landing Page
- Install or Upgrade to Microsoft Office for Mac 2021
- Install or Upgrade to Microsoft Office for Mac 2016
- MECM - SCCM - Installing and updating Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Campus Agreement
- Office 365 Mobile Platform at MIT
- Where can I get Microsoft Office training?
- Microsoft Teams for Education Landing Page
- Contact the IS&T Service Desk
|Additional escalation information for Help Staff can be found here: