|This article describes the functionality of the MITvoip Management Tool. To access the tool click voip.mit.edu.|
Click to see the MITvoip Cloud Broadsoft FAQ
On this page:
- For information about the phone and voicemail system click MITvoip BroadSoft Cloud Landing Page.
- To access additional phone and voicemail settings at the BroadSoft Web Portal at https://broadsoft.mit.edu.
- For information about the operation of you specific phone device click MITvoip Identifying Your Phone's Model.
- If you have specific questions, please contact the IS&T Service Desk at email@example.com, or call 617-253-1101.
- An account is represented by a telephone number.
- An individual may have multiple accounts.
- Each account has a unique Passcode
- Accounts are listed in the My Accounts section of the Voip Management tool.
- Each account is assigned to a Primary Location which can be changed when the account owner is relocated.
- A device is a physical phone.
- A device can have more than one account (telephone number) associated with it.
- Each device has a unique ID number called a Mac address. This is typically located on the bottom of the phone.
- Devices are listed in the My Devices section of the Voip Management tool.
- An Account Owner can change account settings and modify voicemail settings. Account owners can also access the user web interface to make additional modifications.
- Typically, a person is the account and device owner for his/her account(s) and phone(s).
- An Account Administrator can make the same changes an owner can in the VoIP Manager application (e.g., add an owner or administrator, change a description). Broadsoft Voice Mail administrators canaccess the web portal to make additional changes to voicemail controls and settings.
- Typically a Department, Lab, or Center will designate an individual as Account Administrator for the department who will manage their DLC's telephone accounts and devices.
- A Device Owner can access their device(s) on the My Devices tab to change settings.
- A Device Owner can add or delete owners from their device(s)- including him or herself.
- A Device Owner can add or remove accounts (telephone numbers) from their device(s). They must also be the account owner of any account they add or remove.
- A Device Owner can change the order in which numbers appear on a device.
| The Menu Bar
| Card View
| List View
| Click the icons to the right of an account to (in order left to right):
| On the Account Details tab you can:
| 1. Make sure Voicemail Enabled is turned on.
3. Click to open the dropdown menu under Voicemail Settings.
4. Select forward to email, store on server or store & forward.
5. Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
Note: Store on server means you access your messages through the phone's voicemail menus.
Forward to email allows you to enter an email address where you will receive emails
with your voicemail messages attached as sound files.
| Passcode is the term for the code you use to enter the voicemail menu on your phone in the BroadSoft system.
1. Click the lock "Reset VM Passcode" at the top of the window.
2. Enter your new PIN/Passcode.
3. Click Submit
| To view devices associated with a particular account, click Devices on the left-hand side of the screen.
Use Search to narrow the list. Then click the gear icon next to a device to view Device Details.
Note: There is also an option to Reboot Now which will reboot your phone.
| On the Device Details page you can: