MIT VoIP Broadsoft Cloud Softphone error - Your license for the client isn't valid. Please contact your service provider for more assistance.
This error is believed to be caused two ways:
- When you make a typo in the server address, then try connecting with the correct address (voipconfig.mit.edu).
- When you download the app and try to set it up before you enable the SoftPhone functionality for your account in the VoIP portal.
Unfortunately correcting the typo or enabling SoftPhone for your account does not resolve the issue as the SoftPhone client has already tried and failed to get the license.
To resolve the issue:
- Uninstall your SoftPhone client.
- If you have not already, Enable SoftPhone functionality in the VoIP portal.
- Reinstall your SoftPhone client.
- Configure your SoftPhone client.
If there are still issues after a basic reinstall and enabling the client in the VOIP portal, try clearing the user directory files.
Uninstallation is performed by launching the Windows uninstaller via the Start menu or by using the Windows “Remove programs” view inside the Control Panel. Windows uninstallation does not require you to select any options. The language used for the Windows Start menu string “Uninstall” is taken from the language chosen when installing the client. This string cannot be changed after installation.
All files are deleted at uninstallation, except for the following files:
- Registry entries
- Account files are only deleted when explicitly allowed by the end user on Windows.
Uninstalling is performed by simply dragging the application folder from the Applications directory to the trash can; however, account files are not deleted. If you want to remove account files, they must be manually deleted. These are the file locations for the account directories. The following locations apply for all account directories: