This article describes the most commonly used Portal features. They are listed in order as they appear under Options at the top left of the Portal page. Some features listed in the portal are not in use at MIT. When you are viewing a feature page to make changes be sure to click the Help page link on the top right for more information about that feature.
Click to see an MITvoip Cloud Broadsoft FAQ at this URL kb.mit.edu/confluence/x/BgCVCQ.
On this page:
- Access the Web Portal
- Some Basic Instructions
- Incoming Calls
- Call Forwarding - Always, Busy, No Answer
- Call Forwarding Selective
- Selective Rejection
- Sequential Ring
- Simultaneous Ring Personal
- Outgoing Calls
- Call Control
- See Also
The web portal gives you access to many settings for your phone such as Call Forwarding, Greetings, and Voicemail. This article highlights some commonly used features.
A Few Things to Know About the Portal
- Some features in the Portal, e.g., Call Forwarding, can also be controlled through your phone's CommPilot Voice Menu or by pressing keys on your phone's keypad to enter feature access codes. See MIT VoIP BroadSoft Cloud Voicemail Landing Page for more details about features. See Feature Access Codes for details about using access codes.
- Changes made to features through the phone or by access codes will be updated in the Portal, and vice versa. For example, if you deactivate forwarding on the web portal, and you then activate forwarding through your phone, the web portal setting will be changed to forwarding activated (to match the actual current condition).
- Setting controls through the Portal is useful when you are away from your desk phone.
- Selecting an option in the main menu (top left) will show additional options. Selecting from the additional options will show the actual feature controls.
- There is extensive help available. When you are making your feature selections click Help (top right).
|You must click Apply or OK to activate your changes.|
- To access the Web Portal, click BroadSoft Web Portal or enter https://broadsoft.mit.edu. Authentication is through Touchstone. You will then see this screen:
- If you have multiple extensions on your phone select the phone number you wish to manage from the drop-down list. Then click the Log In button.
- Once you have logged in to the portal you will see the following screen. Note the links at the top right for Help, Home, and Logout.
- At the top left, click an Option (e.g., Incoming Calls). The Incoming Calls features are displayed.
- In the main screen area, click the desired feature (e.g., Call Forwarding Always).
- Make your feature choices (e.g., for Call Forwarding Always On, enter the forwarding number).
- Click Help at the top right for a detailed explanation.
- Click OK or Apply.
Profile allows you to view your profile information. This page is not modifiable.
- The Announcement Repository lets you view, edit, download, or upload greetings which are .wav or .mov files.
- Access announcements (greetings) you have recorded on your phone.
- Click Search, but do not add criteria. You will see the complete list of recorded announcements. Try both Audio and Video tabs.
- Click the Edit link to change the the announcement name to something more descriptive.
- Click download. Locate the downloaded file and double-click to play the announcement.
- Click Add to upload an externally recorded announcement.
For assistance with uploading or managing your .wav or .mov files, please contact the IS&T Service Desk at email@example.com, or call 617-253-1101.
- See also Messaging/Greetings
Schedules allows you to create and edit schedules to be used as Call Forwarding criteria.
For example, suppose you know you will be away for 3 days and you want your calls forwarded to a number on those days. Suppose you will also be unavailable for a time on a specific day and you want your calls forwarded to a different number. A schedule can be created for these conditions and applied the Call Forwarding Selective screen.
A schedule can be created which has multiple events (criteria). An event can have a Recurrence Pattern which defines how often it repeats (e.g., daily, weekly, etc.) and each of those patterns may be further defined (e.g., Weekly, every 2 weeks but only on Monday and Wednesday). The event can also have a Recurrence Range which sets when the event ends (e.g, after 4 times or on a specific date).
- See Also: Incoming Calls/Call Forwarding Selective
- On the Schedules page click Add to create a new schedule, or the Edit link to modify an existing schedule, (e.g., a schedule for a certain week).
- You can search for an existing schedule you wish to view or modify.
- Click Add to create an event to be part of that schedule, (e.g., an event which includes a full days of a certain month and an event which covers a few hours on a certain day).
- Events can be modified or deleted.
- Here are the specifics for an event covering a specific day.
Call Forwarding allows you to have your calls forwarded to another number immediately, when you are on the phone, or if you are away from your phone.
|All forwarding is off by default.|
- From the top left Options menu, click Incoming Calls.
- Click the type of forwarding you wish to set.
- Make your choices, enter the forwarding number.
- Click Apply or OK.
All calls will be forwarded. The phone will not ring.
Call Forwarding Always
- All calls will be forwarded. The phone will not ring.
- You must enter the forwarding number.
Call Forwarding Busy
- Calls will be forwarded when your phone is busy.
- You must enter the forwarding number.
Note: Call Waiting, which is on by default, interferes with Call Forwarding Busy. See Call Waiting below.
Call Forwarding No Answer
- Calls will be forwarded when your phone is unattended.
- You must enter the forwarding number.
Note: You can set the number of rings before forwarding is activated.
The number of rings set in this section also applies to how many rings before your call is forwarded to voicemail. This is the case because sending a call to voicemail is a type for forwarding and the default system setting.
- The Do Not Disturb setting allows you to send your calls directly to your voice messaging box without ringing your phone.
- Click On to turn on Do Not Disturb.
- Click Play Ring Reminder... to have a short ring played to remind you that Do Not Disturb is on.
- Call Forwarding Selective lets you automatically forward your incoming calls to a different phone number when pre-defined criteria, such as the phone number, time of day or day of week, are met.
- Click Call Forwarding Selective in the Advanced list
- Enter a forwarding number and click Apply.
- Click Add. A new screen allows you to create an entry with specific criteria.
- Add a Description for this set of criteria. This is required.
- Select a Time Schedule. Here is where you can choose a schedule you have already created (e.g., Week of Nov 12 - see image below) in your Profile under Schedules.
- In the Calls From box, add specific phone numbers for callers to which this set of criteria will be applied.
- In the Calls To box, list any multiple extensions of yours to apply the criteria to them as well.
- Click OK, then click Apply or OK.
- Selective Rejection allows you to reject calls based on predefined criteria, such as phone number, time of day or day of week.
- Click Add to add criteria for when Selective Rejection should take place. See Call Forwarding Selective Add above.
- Sequential Ring allows you to sequentially ring up to 5 locations until an available number is reached so important calls have a better chance of being answered.
- Enter numbers in desired forwarding sequence.
- Adjust number of rings before next number is tried.
- Choose to begin or skip your extension (Base Location).
- Click Add to add criteria for when Sequential Ring should take place. See Call Forwarding Selective Add above.
- Simultaneous Ring Personal allows you to list up to 10 phone numbers you would like to ring in addition to your primary phone when you receive a call.
- Click On to turn feature on.
- Enter numbers.
- Choose to skip your extension (Base Location) if you are on a call.
- Click Add to add criteria for when Simultaneous Ring should take place.
- With Line ID Blocking you can block your number from being shown when calling other numbers.
- Click On to turn feature on.
- Keep a Personal Phone List of numbers you call for easy dialing.
- Click the link to import a list of names and phone numbers. For help with uploading please contact the IS&T Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 617-253-1101.
- Click Add to add a single name and phone number. See next image.
- Call Waiting allows you to answer a call while already on another call.
- Call Waiting is on by default.
- Turn off Call Waiting, as shown in image, to avoid interfering with Forwarding when your phone is busy.
- Remote Office allows you to forward incoming calls to your home or mobile phone, but have them appear to the caller as if the call was answered at your office phone.
- Add the forwarding number.
- Click On to activate Remote Office.
- Click OK to finish the process.
- A Distribution List is a list of extensions to which you can forward one of your voicemail messages instead of sending it individually to each person.
- You can create up to 15 Distribution Lists.
- Distribution Lists are used when you are receiving and responding to voicemail using the phone menus.
- On the Greetings screen, you can assign Greetings to be played in various situations, (e.g., when your phone is busy or unanswered).
| Disable Message Deposit to prevent the caller from leaving a message.
Choose the greeting played when your phone is busy.
Choose between the generic Name greeting or your recorded Busy Greeting.
No Answer Greeting
Set the number of rings before the greeting is played.
Choose the greeting played when your phone is set for No Answer or Extended Away.
Disable Message Deposit to prevent the caller from leaving a message if you're away for an extended period of time.
- Voice Management allows you to turn voicemail on and also add an email address for email delivery of messages.
- Voice Messaging is the global on/off switch for voicemail. It is on by default.
- Send Busy Calls to Voice Mail and Send Unanswered Calls to Voice Mail are on by default.
- You can turn on Send All Calls to Voice Mail, which sends incoming calls to voicemail immediately without ringing your phone.
Note: Call Waiting, which is on by default, overrides Call Forwarding Busy. See Call Waiting.
- Check the box E-mail a carbon copy of the message to.
- Enter the email address where voice messages should be sent.
- You will receive an email with the voice message attached
To set the number of rings before a call is forwarded to voicemail, use the number of rings setting in Call Forwarding No Answer.. That sets the number of rings for all kinds of forwarding, including to voice mail.
- The Basic Call Logs displays lists of calls placed, received, or missed.
- Click Feature Access Codes to see the list of access codes available in BroadSoft.
- See a list of Access codes which activate or deactivate features.
- Click to see more about Feature Access Codes.
- A full mapping of the portal options and navigation MITvoip Broadsoft Cloud Portal Options Glossary.
- Context sensitive help is available inside the portal on each feature page. Click Help at the top-right for more information on how to use the portal features.