I'm Interested is not an RSVP and does not guarantee admission or grant you a ticket to the event. It is a way to help organizers gauge the interest level in an event and plan for likely attendees. Also, you will receive notifications per your preferences. Overall, I’m Interested does not take the place of official ticketing as there is no cap on how many people can click “I’m Interested.”
If you decide you're not interested you can undo indicating interest on the event page by clicking Not Interested.
- The event will be added to your user profile calendar, which can be found in User Profile->My Calendar.
- You are added to the “People Interested” box and will be listed on the attendee roster for group and department officers to see.
- You automatically receive an email reminder about the event.
- After the event, you automatically receive an email prompting you to review the event.
- Users who mark themselves with “I’m Interested” will be notified when someone comments on the event, but the user cannot reply directly to the commenter in email. The only way to respond is by leaving a public comment on the event page.
- If the event owner edits their event, people interested will be notified, but not if the owner deletes the event. Instead its recommended that event owners cancel their events by adding "CANCELED" to the event title, so that all potential attendees are informed. Keep canceled events in the system as there is no storage limit and past events will still appear in search results. Also, if a canceled event is happening the following year, then you can copy the event and change the details.
Buy Tickets or Register buttons appear when an event is ticketed. Register appears when the event is free, but still requires a ticket. Buy Ticket appears when there is a cost associated with the event. Click the button to be directed to the ticketing system. Ordering a ticket does not automatically cause you to receive notifications about the event from the calendar. You must still click the I'm Interested button to receive notifications per your notification preferences.
Inviting Friends button on event pages next to indicating interest. Can invite all friends you've added in User Profile->Friends & Places or enter the emails of the ones you want to invite. They will receive an email with an event invitation.