As a graduating MIT student, you may wish to convert your MIT licensed copy of Windows 10 Enterprise to use a permanent license so it will continue working after you leave campus. These instructions cover how students can attain a permanent license via Kivuto.
- Visit: http://mit.onthehub.com.
- Authenticate with your Kerberos account and Duo 2 factor authentication credentials.
This must be done prior to your graduation date.
Result: You will see an MIT IS&T branded site:
- Click on the *Windows 10 download Icon.
Result: You are taken to the Windows 10 Download page
- Click the Add to Cart option in the top right.
Result: You will be presented with other purchase options that can be skipped.
- Click the green Check Out option at bottom right.
Result: You are presented with a license agreement that requires a signature.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and fill in your name in both fields, then click the green Accept button.
Result: The contact information page opens.
- Fill out these fields with your first and last name along with a valid MIT email address. Then click the “Proceed with Order” button in the lower left.
Result: You are given the option to receive emails from Kivuto
- Choose your email preference and click the Proceed with Order button in the lower left.
Result: The order confirmation screen opens and you are presented with your new license key.
- Copy (Select the license and hit Ctrl + C) your new key so that it can be pasted (Ctrl + V) into your Windows Activation Settings.
- On your Windows 10 computer go to the Settings. Start Menu > Gear Icon > Activation Settings. You can also use the Windows “Find a Setting” option in the top left.
Result: The Acivation Settings screen opens.
- Click the Change product key option and paste (Ctrl+V) the previously copied new license key.
Result: You are prompted to activate your new license.
- Click Activate
Result: If the Activation is successful, you will get a message that “Activation is Successful” Your computer is now registered with a permanent Microsoft License Key.
- Be sure to keep a copy of this license key somewhere safe so that you have possession if you ever need to reinstall your computer's operating system.