Kerberos is included as a standard part of macOS. You must, however, still install MIT Kerberos Extras for Mac, which provide customizations for MIT applications requiring Kerberos authentication. Kerberos Extras must be installed under your Mac administrator account.
|If you are running macOS 11 (Big Sur), please see knowledge base article SAPgui unable to connect macOS 11 Big Sur|
- Download Kerberos Extras now.
Result: The file MIT_Kerberos_Extras_2021_Signed.mpkg.zip is downloaded.
- Right-click to extract from the zip file the installer icon labeled "MIT Kerberos Extras_2021_Signed.mpkg".
- If you are using Mac OS X 10.10 and newer, you will get a security warning. Please see this Apple page to clear it: Open a Mac app from an unidentified developer
- In the initial window, Right-click (or ctrl-click) on it and choose 'open with' and see what applications are presented, and choose 'Installer'. Continue.
- Read or print the Read Me file for the latest information about Mac OS X Kerberos Extras, then click Continue.
- In the license agreement window, click Continue, then click Agree.
- Make sure the hard disk is selected as the installation destination, then click Continue.
- Click Install.
- When prompted, enter the administrator password for your Macintosh.
Result: The installation will proceed, and a window should appear confirming that the installation was successful.
Kerberos Extras installs the following two files in Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences:
After installing Kerberos Extras, you can acquire tickets in the Ticket Viewer application by following the directions here: Acquiring Kerberos Tickets in Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) and later