Install or Upgrade to Microsoft Office for Mac 2021
- Download the installer from IS&T.
- Double-click the downloaded zip file to decompress it.You'll have a folder with Installer pkg and a Serializer pkg.
- Double-click the Microsoft_Office_16.54.21101001_Installer.pkg icon.
Result: The installer launches:
- Click Continue.
Result: The Software License Agreement is displayed:
- Click Continue.
Result: You are asked to agree to the Software License:
- Click Agree
Result: The Installation Type is displayed:
- Click Install.
Result: You are prompted for your name and password:
- Enter the username and password for your local computer account and click OK.
Note: You may have to close certain applications for installation to complete.
Result: Installation will take some time.
- When it completes, the summary screen is displayed:
- Click Close.
Result: Microsoft Word automatically starts and presents you with a Get Started window:
First time running office
|Office 2021 Activation|
Please run the Microsoft_Office_LTSC_2021_VL_Serializer.pkg to properly activate Microsoft Office 2021 for Mac
- Click Get Started
Result: You are asked to optionally sign in to your Microsoft account:
- Click Skip sign-in.
Result: Configuration is complete:
- Click Start Using Word.
Result: You might be prompted to install updates, if any are available. If so, follow the prompts:
- Click Install. If you're prompted for authentication, enter your user name and password again.
Result: Microsoft AutoUpdate prompts you for configuration:
- Accept the defaults and click Check for Updates. You might be prompted to install one or more updates in succession. Follow the prompts until no more updates are available.
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2021 is now ready for use.