On this page:
All users should set up and perform regular backups. Lost information, including administrative and research data, of any classification level results in lost time and effort recreating your work. You'll never regret setting up regular backups. You could deeply regret not doing it!
Moderate and high risk data should only be transmitted with encrypted solutions, such as IS&T's offerings (below) of Code42. Please take note of the current Encryption Within TSM status.
Code42 at MIT is currently not able to accept Export Controlled information (ITAR/EAR).
- For more information on how to classify and secure your data, see Information Protection @ MIT.
IS&T Backup Services provides desktop, laptop and server solutions.
- Code42 (Formerly CrashPlan) Landing Page
- Get Code42 Software
- Code42 (Formerly CrashPlan) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Apple's How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- TechRadar's How to back up and restore your Android phone or tablet
- Contact the IS&T Computing Help Desk