|This article refers to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN. If you're looking for information on the Prisma Access VPN Beta that uses the GobalConnect app, see: Prisma Access VPN Landing Page. |
If you're not sure which service you're using, see: How do I know if I'm using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN or the Prisma Access VPN?
|In order to download the Cisco app, You'll be required to sign into your iTunes account, using your Apple ID. If you do not have an Apple ID, follow these instructions on How to create an Apple ID|
- On your iOS device, open the App Store app.
- Select Search, and enter in the search field, Cisco AnyConnect. Alternately, you can click this link from your device.
- When found, select Cisco AnyConnect, then tap INSTALL to install the app.
- Once installed, locate and open the Cisco AnyConnect app.
- You may be prompted upon launch with a pop-up window that reads:
"Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client extends the Virtual Private Network (VPN) capabilities of your device. Do you want to enable this software?"
- Select OK.
- Under Choose a connection... select Add VPN Connection...
- On the screen below, enter the required information as follows:
- Description: MIT VPN
- Server Address: vpn.mit.edu
- Duo Authentication: vpn.mit.edu/duo
- Select Save.
Result: You will now see MIT VPN under the list of available VPN connections.
- You are now ready to test the VPN. To do so, toggle AnyConnect VPN option to ON.
NOTE: You'll be prompted to enter in your Kerberos username and password each time you connect to MIT's VPN.
- Username: Your Kerberos username without the @mit.edu
- Password: Your Kerberos password
- Duo Authentication users will see a "2nd Password" field. Enter one of the following:
- push - Duo will send a push notification to your registered cell phone with the Duo Security mobile app installed
- push2 - Duo will send a push notification to your _second registered device with the Duo Security mobile app installed_
- sms - Duo will send an SMS to your registered cell phone
- Phone -Duo will call your registered phone
- Phone2 -Duo will call your second registered phone
- The one time code generated by your hardware token or the Duo Security mobile app (the code changes every 60 seconds)
- Once you have submitted your credentials and completed Duo Authentication, if required, you will be welcomed to MIT's VPN. Click Continue to connect.
- Select Connect.
- If you've entered the correct information, you receive a Welcome banner upon connection. Select Accept to complete the connection.
- You're now connected to MIT's VPN. You can verify this by locating the VPN icon at the top of the screen. You may escape the AnyConnect application now and use other applications.
Cisco's AnyConnect app will remain connected to MIT's VPN until no activity is detected or if you manually disconnect the connection.
- To disconnect from MIT's VPN, open Cisco AnyConnect app and toggle the AnyConnect VPN to OFF.