I get the following error when I try to log in to a Citrix application:
To log on to this remote computer, you must have Terminal Server User Access permissions on this computer. By default, members of the Remote Desktop Users group have these permissions. If you are not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group or another group that has these permissions, or if the Remote Desktop User group does not have these permissions, you must be granted these permissions manually.
There are several reasons why you may be receiving this error:
- The error may indicate that you have not activated your Citrix account.
You can activate your Citrix account from http://citrix.mit.edu/ Select the link that says You must activate your account
- The error may indicate that you are using an application that requires specific permission for access.
Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project require that you be added to an access list. Contact the IS&T Help Desk at email@example.com to request that access be added for you.
To request that a user be added to an acl list, win-msproject-acl or win-msvisio-acl, a Help Desk Consultant should send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are using a downloaded, saved launch.ica file to start Citrix, it might point to a Citrix server that is no longer in service. The Help Desk can assist in determining the Citrix server to which your launch.ica file points.
To obtain a new ica file:
- Log into the http://citrix.mit.edu/ web page.
- Download a new launch.ica file for the Citrix application you want.
- Edit the ICA file to make sure it is not removed after use. (Helpdesk KB instructions at: [archive:How to make a Citrix ICA file permanent])