This article provides instructions for instructors or administrators, wishing to add or remove instructors, administrators, TAs or participants to a previous term Stellar course site.
|There is a bug that affects all 'closed' Stellar class sites using lmod membership. After the semester ends and a course is archived, membership needs a forced sync performed on the back end before anyone new can be added to the course and obtain access to course materials. To request a forced sync, contact the IS&T Help Desk.
How to information visible only to IT support providers for Helpdesk Staff with permissions:
- Navigate to the older course site and click LOGIN.
Result: After clicking Login, you will see a message: "This course is no longer active".
- Note that the second paragraph of the message says "You can still control access to this site", and contains a link to the Access Control page.
- Click on the link to control access to this site.
- On the Access Control page, click the tab for the group you would like to add someone to. (For example, Admins)
- Enter the person's email address (all lowercase) in the Add New text box and then click on Submit.
- The name of the person should now show up under "Current" to the right.
- Click on Membership link in the left navigation bar on the Stellar site.
- If you would like to add a student, click the +Add Student button from the Students tab.
- If you would like to add a staff member, click the Staff tab, and then click the tab for the appropriate role and click +Add New.
- Lookup the person in the Search By Name box or enter the person's email address in the Add Email(s) text box and then click +Add.
- The name of the person should now show up in the list of names.