|Note: the instructions for this page are for printing to Athena printers that do not use Pharos.
If the cluster printer has a card swipe scanner, it is probably uses the Pharos printing system. For instructions on how to print to Pharos-enabled cluster printers, see MIT Pharos Printing Landing Page.
- How can I configure Mac OS to print to non-cluster Athena printers using CUPS?
- Mac OS X - How do I print to Athena printers from my computer?
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left-hand corner of the the screen in the Menu Bar.
- Select System Preferences.
- In System Preferences, click on the Print & Fax or Print & Scan icon.
- Click the plus button to open the Add Printer window.
- For Protocol, select Internet Printing Protocol - IPP.
- For Address, enter printers.mit.edu
- For Queue, enter the name of the printer. This will be listed on the printer itself. In our example, the printer name is Ajax (located in W20-575).
- The "Name" and "Location" fields can be set to your liking.
- For Print Using, select Generic PostScript Printer.
- Click the Add button. Another window will slide down within the Add Printer window for additional configuration options.
- Check Duplex Printing Unit to enable double-sided printing.
- Your printer is now configured. Try printing a test document to make sure all is working.
If you need further assistance, feel free to contact the Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-253-1101) for cluster printers, or the Residential Computing Consultants (http://rcc.mit.edu, 617-258-9444) for dorm printers.