In order install your MIT personal certificate onto your iOS device, you first need to remove your older personal certificate profile. If you attempted to renew the certificate without removing the older certificate you may of received the following error. The original profile has a different signature than the replacement profile. Installation is not permitted." Use the below instructions to remove the old personal certificate profile.
- Navigate to Settings > General.
- Scroll to the bottom of this list, there should be a button for Profiles. Select Profiles.
- On the following page you should see two certificate profiles listed, one will have your name listed on it, select this certificate.
- On the following screen you will see the details of your personal certificate along with a red Remove button. Click Remove.
You will be prompted with a message that reads Removing this profile will change settings on your iPhone. Click Remove.
If you're having problems removing your personal from iOS, for example, when you select Remove the screen crashes to the Settings screen, please use the following instructions >> How do I remove my personal certificate from my iOS device with the iPhone Configuration Utility?
- You will be asked for your device passcode to confirm the removal. Please enter your device password.
- You have successfully removed your personal certificate. If you wish to re-install your personal certificate or were doing this as part of a certificate renewal, follow these instructions.
Revised using iOS 6.