Q: How do I disable Junk Mail filtering in Apple Mail?
|As spam filtering is handled on the server for all your email programs and web email access, IS&T recommends turning off Junk Mail filtering in your email programs. Using both systems can cause inconsistent results and prevent your allow/deny lists from working as intended.|
- Start Apple Mail
- From the menu, select Mail > Preferences
- Select the Junk Mail icon at the top of the window.
- Deselect "Enable junk mail filtering".
- Close the preferences window
- When prompted, click on Save.
Result: Junk Mail filtering is turned off in Apple Mail. If you enabled junk mail filtering in any other mail programs (OWA, Outlook) or on other computers, you may need to disable them there also.